Friday, August 04, 2006

Food for Thought

Well, today was supposed to be a relatively busy, but mostly relaxed day. As time progresses and I don't, however, I can see my plans for study, socializing, helping friends and fun may end up being a nice, stress-filled race from one event to the next.

Originally I had plans to meet a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a year and a half for lunch... but his work schedule changed at the last minute making him unavailable. That wasn't too big a problem because another friend of mine asked if I could help him move in the morning. He suggested lunch so it wouldn't be any big deal... especially since we could start early and I could see my other friend.

Well, he called around lunch time and I basically ate instant (organic and wholesome ;-) Mac&Cheese alone at the apartment. Now I'm not sure if or when I'll be able to see my other friend, how long the moving will take, or if I'll be able to keep my study appointment... it's late and I'm already tired and bored at home :) but never fear, I'm optimistic because whatever happens today, I have a coco-tini waiting for me tonight :-)

On the very bright side, at least I missed the hottest part of the day and it's nice and cool in the apartment right now! On another side note, I'm desperately waiting to hear how a friend's first date went tonight... he said he was actually nervous for the first time in a long time to go out on the date. I'm assuming it went really well since I haven't heard anything :-)

No comments: