Monday, August 14, 2006

Connecticut Sunday

To end this weekend, Pam and I drove up to Hartford to eat at Shady Glen--cheeseburgers and shakes. It's definitely one of the best places around to eat! So delicious and the cheese is fried over the edge of the burger.

I wish I had remembered to take some pictures, but it's a 50's-style restaurant with home-made ice cream, shakes, and softdrinks. They still do everything the old-fashioned way, too! For instance, if you buy a coke, they mix the syrup manually. A chocolate shake is made by adding real fudge to milk and vanilla ice cream and then blending.

After lunch, we headed over to meet Jodie and Kevin (Pam's best friend and her boyfriend) to hang out for the rest of the day. We all decided that it was far too nice outside to hang out inside, so we went out for a nice afternoon of golfing (of the miniature variety). Kevin won the day, but I'm pretty sure that I came in last :-)

Before dinner, Jodie, Pam and I went to the bridal shop to see some of the dresses she had tried on a couple of weeks ago. Well, there was one that I really liked on her because I thought it suited her personality, but then she showed us the one that was on the top of the list and it was just perfect! It even made Jodie cry :-) She looked amazing! Honestly, though, I definitely don't envy anyone wearing one of those in July :-)

We tried to make it home in time to watch Entourage, but we just missed it. This week should be nice... I'm going to the Bronx Zoo, which I haven't been to since I was a kid. I'm pretty excited about that. The second season of Weeds starts today on Shotime, plus Pam's building her machine with a pre-release copy of Vista so I'm really excited to see how that looks :-) We've been downloading it all weekend... hopefully we'll build it today!

As for Saturday, that was a lot of fun too. Pam and I went to the Web so she could sing some karaoke and she did an amazing job, as usual! All the boys came up to her crying and complemented her on her beautiful voice and told her how moved they were (I guess the flowing tears require further, vocal explanation in New York--just to be sure). Pam was exhausted and went home shortly afterwards, but I stayed with Sue for the party and generally enjoyed myself.

No comments: