Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend Encounters

Well... after more than a year, I finally had an encounter with him. I'm sure anyone who knows me knows whom I'm talking about. Now, I've run into him from time to time around the neighborhood, but neither of us ever acknowledged each other with anything more than a passing nod.

This weekend, for whatever reason, he felt the need to talk to me. He did apologize, although it was a pretty weak apology given the circumstances. I guess it bothered me more than it should in some ways, especially since he acted so familiar with me (as if we just hadn't seen each other for a few weeks-maybe a month on the outside). However, after talking with a lot of my friends about it, I realized what a total asshole he really is. I've always pretty much known it, but I've always also defended him (at least to myself).

Now there's really nothing more to say or think about - I got involved with one of the biggest, most selfish assholes in Tokyo. And yep, he's still a whopper of one! I suppose he'd be slightly respectable if he'd followed-up with an email or something, anything more than a drunken half-apology where he demanded that I forgive him because (get this) when he disappeared, we weren't actually dating, so I really shouldn't be angry anyway.

Oh well, enough of him! At least now I won't be nervous when I see him around thinking that I'll actually do something to offend him. Anyway, I hope he's happy and can get over himself a little over the next few years. I suppose I do still love him - I'll probably never be able to truly say anything else - but I can honestly admit after this weekend that I don't like him at all - not even a little bit, and I'd never want to befriend him again in any way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop gettin involved with anyone or anyplace that you feel are stupid or assholes. If you don't feel 'joyous' or 'overjoyous' or if you instinctively feel like jumping out of a Tokyo Rainbow Bridge to lose them, then you are wasting your time, life, efforts.

I dumped Bob, and all the Web connections two weeks ago, and I am a free man. :)

I am busy catching up with "real" life honestly doing my work, my accent, my acting, my music, and my friends.

hope you are doing well, yadaemon monster.

tada!